Hi! My friends. Hope you will follow me. As my friends on Twitter know, I am an Islander fan from the beginning. I have never been as excited as I am now for the future of our team. A little backround:
My Dad is and has always been a sports fan. When I was a kid, my dad and I listened to sports on the radio. (1960's). Wow, I really feel effing old. Mostly listened to the Knickerbockers..loved BBall because of my dad, and met Willis Reed as a child. Really, I was frightened, as I just surpassed his knee in height at the time.
Then, Hockey came to Long Island. Before cable....or at least before we had it; I needed it. I was 10, and I could not get enough. To this day, I can still really enjoy a radio broadcast from Hofstra; and I want to be the one broadcasting the game. Think it was WGBB 1240 back in the day..please correct me if I am wrong. Mom and I had season tickets for a few years and would like to again.
Anyway, I usually have plenty to say about hockey and the NHL in general and would like to share with you. Will share my thoughts during the playoffs and off season until Isles play again...Can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment